Opinions are often split when it comes to New Year’s resolutions. Some people swear by them. Others would rather not wait until January 1st to try to make positive changes in their live. No matter which camp you’re in, we can all agree that 2021 is a chance to leave the drama of 2020 in the past.
If you spent the last year cooped up in quarantine and want to make 2021 your most fabulous year ever, take a look at these New Year’s Resolutions. They’re positive, life-changing, and you’ll 100% want them to stick.
Get Your Butt Into Gear
After quarantining on the couch and working from home, your fitness routine probably fell to the wayside in 2020. To get back in shape, consider expanding your fitness horizons and expanding your home gym. In-person fitness classes might still be closed for a while, so now’s the time to invest in some quality equipment.
– Find new fitness classes and Insta accounts that will inspire you to get inshape.
– Find one hour each day to dedicate to health and wellness.
– Buy new fitness gear (and actually learn how to use it).
– Finding local fitness studios in your area that offer online classes or Zoom training
Take Care Of Your Teeth
Everyone knows that they should floss…but that doesn’t mean everyone does. It doesn’t matter if you need to get back to basics or want to take your smile to the next level. There’s no better time to start taking care of your oral health than the beginning of the new year.
– Make a commitment to floss your teeth. Every. Single. Day.
– Brush twice a day and set a timer so you are getting an adequate cleaning.
– Find a dentist in your area and schedule your two visits ahead of time.
Rekindle Your Love Affair With Reading
Even the most passionate bookworms can forget to keep up with reading as the years go on. If it’s been a while since you’ve picked up a book, finishing a brand new best seller is a fun (and easily achievable New Year’s resolution that you can feel great about.
– Commit to reading before bed instead of watching Netflix
– Create a cozy “reading spot” in your house where you can curl up on your day off.
– Decide whether you prefer digital reading or old fashioned paperbacks.
Get Serious About Saving
Covid-19 definitely took a toll on plenty of people’s finances. It also served as an important reminder that you never truly know what’s right around the corner. Having an emergency savings account is more important now than ever before. Set a savings goal for 2021 and get serious about saving in the new year.
– Open a savings account at your local bank
– Find cheaper ways to cut back your spending
– Create a personal budget
– Look into cheap date ideas and other ways you can save money
– Start selling your old clothing on websites like Poshmark
Step Up Your Skincare Routine
Creating a thoughtful skincare routine is one of the most important things you can do for yourself. If you’ve been putting off planning and wash your face with the same scrub you’ve been using for a decade, it’s time to reevaluate. If you start now, by next winter your complexion will be flawless and you’ll be happy you started when you did.
– Determine your specific skin type
– Identify your specific skin issues
– Decide what your goals are (do you want to fight acne? Look younger? Prevent wrinkles?)
– Contacting a dermatologist in your area (or use an online outlet like Curology)